- We will take a 15% deposit by BACS transfer or PayPal to confirm your booking once you confirm you wish us to go ahead
- Balance is due once final itinerary is ready and final price given – we pay most of our suppliers at time of confirmation to ensure everything is 100% confirmed and ensure that there are no last minute surprises!
- Any remaining money unpaid to suppliers will be secure in a separate client account as we are bound by the package travel regulations (1992) which protect you, the consumer, against any loss caused by insolvency or any other financial issue relating to your tour operator
- Cancellation terms will be 50% up to 10 weeks prior to your experience and 100% from that point onwards. If you wish to cancel, you must do so in writing by email to South Downs Way Tours and we will confirm receipt of written cancellation and any related charges (monies already paid to, and unrecoverable from, our suppliers along with any costs incurred by us)
- South Downs Way Tours reserve the right to cancel your experience in extraordinary circumstances and will refund all monies at that time along with a full explanation for the reasons for this. We will endeavour to only do this through absolute necessity.
- In the event of force majeure, such as extreme weather, civil unrest or war, terrorism, legal issues or government or other authority measures, it may be necessary to cancel your experience, for which we will not be liable.
- We will engage responsible contractors but cannot accept responsibility for damage or loss of your baggage or any personal injury unless it is as a direct result of our negligence. It is our recommendation that you take out suitable personal insurance to cover cancellation, personal injury, loss or damage of possessions or illness
- We will not share your data with any other third party and will use our best endeavours to protect it. We will only share data as necessary with our contractors in order to facilitate your South Downs Way Tours experience, in keeping with May 2018 GDPR requirements.
- If you have dietary requirements or allergies, you must provide these at time of booking and we will endeavour to accommodate these. As our contractors are normally B&B’s or small country pubs, not every dietary option or allergy can be fully catered for, but we will do our very best.
- Your booking will be with South Downs Way Tours ltd. a registered company 8329624
With every booking we also ask you to take note of the following, which will be included in your travel documents:
The boring (but important) legal bits!
Cycling or walking the South Downs Way are outdoor activities and carry with them a certain level of risk that you would associate with any outdoor physical activity. South Downs Way Tours Ltd cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury, however it may be caused, in association with your trip.
You need to take all care and attention as surfaces may be slippery, there are road crossings, there are exposed flints on the trail and many other hazards along the way. You should also ensure that you are equipped and prepared for every type of weather, as conditions can change quickly along the way and you can easily have four seasons in a single day. We recommend checking daily what the weather forecast is, and then erring on the side of caution!
You should also ensure that all of your equipment is in good working order and that you have a plan for what to do in the case of any equipment failure/damage which may make continuing your journey difficult. This includes carrying adequate spare parts, having sufficient cash for taxis or other forms of transport if needed and having emergency services phone numbers with you. If you are cycling, the conditions of the trail can cause punctures and other damage to bikes so we recommend you carry sufficient spare inner tubes, deraillier hangers, chain links and tools etc, along with any other spares you would normally take if you are cycling. We would also recommend a track pump and a spare tyre in your overnight bags in case of need.
Where we have arrangements for pick up services for you, your bags or your equipment, it is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the times agreed so that all services can be provided as promised. If there are delays, you need to liaise directly with the providers and they may charge additional costs which you will need to pay directly to them.
We will do our best to ensure all arrangements are satisfactory and that everything works. Very occasionally things do go wrong –if this happens and it is within our responsibility, we will do our very best to resolve it for you.